tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

Emmalee (The Jane Austen Diaries)

Emmalee (The Jane Austen Diaries) - Jenni James I love the world Jenni James has created. Seeing how all the various characters fit into the cast of each story is always fun (though, at times, confusing. I think more so in this book because she mentioned almost ALL of the previous characters in the other books, whereas in some of her other books, she only mentions a few in passing. In Emmalee, they all play a role, and sometimes their personalities change so much from book to book you kind of get a little whiplash). I read this one out of order - Northanger Alibi is supposed to come two books later - but you still understand everything just fine. I loved the relationship between the two neighbors and how it develops. It felt very natural. The one thing Jenni James does exceptionally well is making you feel the tingles too - every time her characters kiss or hold hands I want to giggle like I'm in high school again. It's a little embarrassing honestly ... Edited to add: Why, if the Christmas party is at Emma's house, does she need a car to go home??? I keep thinking about this, and I wonder if I missed something (like maybe the location was changed...?) I know she probably was going to give a ride home to her friend, but even then, when she runs away from the party, why does she go to her cold car, rather than to her room?