tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

Shattered (Dream Realms Trilogy, #1)

Shattered (Dream Realms Trilogy, #1) - Sophia Sharp Eh, what can I say? When you spot a grammar mistake in the second sentence, you know you're in for a rough ride. Shattered had every novel cliche I think there was ever invented. Normal girl leads a normal life until newcomer boy shows up. He's pale and handsome, very strong and has eyes that spark fear into her one moment only to look gentle the next. They get paired as partners in class. He rescues her from an almost rape, he drives a grey volvo and starts telling her vampire secrets that he's somehow kept quiet about for hundreds of years, but yet, can't resist telling her after knowing her for only a week. It did get better as it went along, but the beginning was pretty poorly written in my opinion. It just felt like juvenile writing. After they go on the run, things actually get more unique and the pacing felt better. Though, I thought it was weird when they had her change into the dress that you see on the cover. They do it because supposedly it's going to throw off the scent of the vamps that are chasing them, but if they can still track them after days, then I don't think that a change in clothing is really going to do it. Plus, it doesn't make sense that they can track them for days, and yet, when they're in the same cavern, the other vamp doesn't know where to find her because her scent is weak. Really? You can trace it through the wilderness and across days, but now you're losing the scent when she's in the same room? It just felt like the author put her in the dress simply so that she could use that picture for her cover. (And granted, it's a pretty cover).