tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

The Lost Saint (Dark Divine)

The Lost Saint - Bree Despain I didn't like this one as much as I liked the first book, but I liked that this didn't fall into the "second book syndrome" where the second book in the series is just filler and isn't really all that necessary. The Lost Saint was definitely necessary, and with that ending ... well, let's just say I'm glad I started to read this series after all of the books had already come out! This one is a little bit darker than the first book - I'm not sure if "darker" is really the right word, but maybe just more ... mature? There's more swearing and more of a dark side, but given the circumstances of the book, I guess that's to be expected. You know how in some horror movies, the main character hears a sound behind a closed door, and as they walk slowly to the door, you sit there in the audience and think "don't open that door, don't go there." I kinda felt that way during most of the book in regards to Grace's character. She kept doing certain things that I knew were taking her down a bad path, but the author does well in making you believe that Grace really doesn't recognize it. That said, I felt like I knew exactly what was going to happen during most of the book. There weren't any surprises. Until the very end (I'm talking last page here). So,I'm hoping the final book in the trilogy has more surprises for me.