tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time Series #14)

A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson A fitting ending for an epic series. It's kind of strange to know that there won't be another Wheel of Time book coming out next year. Well, at least this one wraps up a lot of things nicely. A lot of people die (it *is* the last battle after all) a lot of people make it. A lot of new things are revealed, a lot of old things finally make sense. Of course, my favorite character had to die. Not saying who, since that would be a spoiler. But strangely enough, it doesn't really feel like they're dead, since we won't get to read about any of the characters anymore anyway. The characters all live with me. Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson do a really good job of making you care about the characters and what happens to them. Like any fan of the series, I was worried about how Sanderson would do, picking up where Jordan left off. BUT, (and I may get torn apart for saying this) I actually think I like Sanderson's writing more... I know, I know. It just seems like he gets to the action more - which could have a lot to do with the fact that he only had to write the final books where the character development was already established. It's strange how, each time after finishing one of these books, I feel like I need to talk like these characters. I find myself thinking "Light!" in my head whenever the situation warrants. Apparently I'm very easily influenced. Of course, there are still some things that don't *quite* make sense to me, or that weren't explained fully - maybe so that when you go back and read the whole thing over, it won't be like everything has been handed to you. You'll still have to work for some things to make sense. But maybe that's also why it feels like the characters still live on - because you don't necessarily know what happens to everyone after. I'm still mulling. Regardless, it was a good ending, the last battle was amazing (and I usually skim through battle chapters - not so with this one since it was all engaging and interesting - good thing since I would have been skimming through most of the book!) and the entire thing was really well done. Bravo Jordan and Sanderson!