tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl)

The Last Guardian - Eoin Colfer I can't believe it's over. This series was such a fun read, and this book was no exception. Granted, there were moments that were over the top, or that weren't really believable if you really thought about it. There were moments where you really had to suspend your disbelief. But, if you've made it this far, you've realized that there are moments like that in each of the Artemis Fowl books. In this one, I really had a hard time swallowing the whole "Opal messes with the time stream and as a result doesn't die but gains black magic" thing. But once you decide to just go with it and enjoy the humor and action, then it's all worth it. I think my favorite character was Mulch - a dwarf really could take over the world if he/she set their mind to it. I'll miss reading about these characters, and I wish I would have gotten to really know what happened to them each (I mean, you never hear about Minerva again, what's up with that?) Basically this is just another adventure (granted, the stakes are higher) - but it doesn't really tell you what happens to these characters in the long run, which I would have liked some closure on.