tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)

Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox - Eoin Colfer So far, this is probably my least favorite of the Artemis Fowl books. I was tempted to give it three stars, but, the other books bring it up a little bit in my opinion. I don't mind complicated books. I don't mind plot twists. But this book felt like several book ideas put together. I mean, at first the "bad" guy is Artemis as a 10 year old. Then it's the Extinctionalists, then it's ... well, no spoilers. It felt like it was complicated simply because Eoin Colfer decided he HAD to throw in more plot twists in order to throw the reader off. It felt like I was being jerked this way and then that without much thought for flow. Also, there are some ... romantic developments I am not too sure how I feel about.I think time travel books are always a little difficult, because it leaves room for huge plot holes. For example Artemis the younger has his mind wiped at the end of this book. In a different book, he has his mind wiped again, and then later, he gets his memory of the Fairy people back. So, wouldn't he have also gotten his memory of this adventure back in his mind? Then why does he not remember it?. So, I'm kinda hoping that Eoin Colfer leaves the time travel behind him and focuses more on just having Artemis make brilliant schemes, but, I'm guessing that won't happen. Because I have a feeling that time travel is going to play an even bigger part in the rest of the series. I guess time will tell.