tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

Light of Eidon (Legends of the Guardian-King, Book 1)

The Light of Eidon - Karen Hancock I found myself annoyed at the main characters a lot - their stupidity and stubbornness became too much at times. And while I knew this was Christian fiction, believe me when I say it's much more *heavily* Christian than I was anticipating. Not that that's a bad thing (I actually read quite a bit of it), I'm just putting it out there. Carissa's character ... eh. She wants to be a strong female character, but I just didn't connect with her and found her mostly annoying. I mean, come on, it takes you *years* to try and track down your brother, when you set out a day or so behind him? Also, he's pretty famous, so, it's not like he's hard to track down. Yes, you had obstacles in your way, but seriously? I liked Abramm. His growth was believable. Will I read the next books in the series? Hmmm, I haven't decided yet.