tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

Wings: A Fairy Tale

Wings: A Fairy Tale - E. D. Baker I didn't like this one nearly as much as E.D. Baker's other books. In comparison, this one seems ... clunky. There isn't as much character development, situations seem forced, there's a lot of telling (rather than showing) and it just felt a lot more juvenile. Not juvenile in the sense that it's meant for younger audiences, but in the fact that it seems like someone less experienced wrote it. Things got better once the point of view switched away from Tamisin. I think where Baker excels is in extraordinary settings, and until things got more magical, her teen school setting just seemed like cardboard cutouts. So while the first section was disappointing, things did get better once we entered the land of the Fey. It was intriguing to learn more about the goblins, and the twist on A Midsummer Night's Dream was fun.