tianasmith

Tiana Smith

Some of my many talents include making a mean box of Mac & Cheese, drawing stick figures, designing cute blog templates, and finding Waldo. I read and write MG and YA & I have a soft spot for love stories.

The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood - Tracy Hogg, Melinda Blau We've tried a lot of things to get our little monkey to sleep through the night (he would always wake up at 4:00am, ready to play), but this book really resonated with my parenting beliefs. I felt like Tracy always was one step ahead in predicting how I as the mom was feeling, which gave me confidence she could predict the baby's reactions as well. She provided a nice middle ground that didn't involve crying it out, but that also helps babies learn how to fall asleep on their own and put themselves back to sleep.Cameron's been on this routine for about a week and already he's sleeping until 7:00 in the morning. (Yay!!) He also takes longer naps during the day. Of course, it was really hard work. Really. Hard. I wanted to give in - multiple times. But I kept telling myself that she knew what she was talking about and I needed to be consistent. I'm glad I kept it up. I know it won't always be smooth sailing, and he'll probably regress before this becomes the "norm" but I'll definitely be doing this method when that happens. She also talks about the toddler years and solving tantrums. She talks about potty training and how to get them potty trained between a year and a year and a half. I'll be buying this book, because I already don't want to return it to the library!